We all thirst for community. For people who will point us to Christ and walk with us through the good times and the bad. The kind of friends who gently remind us of the work Christ has done and is doing on our behalf when we lose perspective.
At The Grove, there is a great opportunity to plug into life-giving relationships through Lifegroups. We firmly believe in the power of “side by side ministry” – the ministry that happens when disciples of Jesus Christ rise up to the call to spur each other on toward love and good deeds.
At The Grove we aren’t just a church WITH Lifegroups, we are a church OF Lifegroups.
Lifegroups are the Biblical model for transformation. (Acts 2:42-46)
Lifegroups are the best way to shepherd the whole flock. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
Lifegroups create an environment to use our spiritual gifts. (Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
Lifegroups multiply competent ministers. (2 Timothy 2:2)
Lifegroups foster Biblical love. (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)
Lifegroups promote unity, fellowship and maturity. (1 John 1:3, 1 John 1:6, Proverbs 27:17)
At The Grove everyone is invited to be in a LifeGroup from our students to our grandparents. Young, old, married couples, empty nesters, singles, youth and everything in between. Lifegroups gather each week for prayer, accountability, bearing one another’s burdens, celebrating each others joys, and most importantly to discuss and apply God’s Word to their lives.
Our current Lifegroups:
- Tuesdays, led by Paul and Jaime Alper, in Riverview from 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Wednesdays, led by Ricky and Natalia Taveras, in Riverview from 7:15pm-9:15pm
- Wednesdays, led by Kurt and Julie Gebhards, in Lithia from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesdays, led by Dan and Teri Claassen, in Valrico from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursdays, led by Kevin and Heather Huggins, in Dover from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Sundays, led by John and Calli Hennings, in Brandon from 2:30pm-4:30pm
If you’re interested in joining a Lifegroup, we’d love to get you connected! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.